Czech Republic
Indonesia
Lithuania
Montenegro
Nigeria
North Macedonia
United Arab Emirates

Manchester United

sportsmole.co.uk, 26 September 2023, 10:41
Jadon Sancho has reportedly been banished from all of the first-team facilities at Manchester United due to his ongoing stand-off with head coach Erik ten Hag.

The 23-year-old has been removed from the first-team picture at the club after allegedly refusing to apologise to Ten Hag for his outburst on social media earlier this month.

Ten Hag said after the Arsenal match that Sancho had been left out due to some poor performances in training, but the player insisted that was not the case, publicly criticising his manager in the process.

Speaking ahead of the team's last match against Burnley, the Man United head coach said that it "depends on him (Sancho)" when asked about a possible return for the attacker.

A recent report claimed that a number of his teammates have urged him to apologise to Ten Hag, which is thought to be all that is required for him to be brought back into the set-up.

However, Sancho is seemingly refusing to back down, which is likely to lead to an exit during the January transfer window unless there is a change of events over the next few weeks.

Man United were thought to be willing to let the forward leave for the Saudi Pro League before the division's transfer window closed, but a move to Saudi Arabia did not go through.

According to The Mirror, Sancho is banned from all first-team facilities at Man United's training complex, including the team dining room.

The report claims that the Englishman eats his meals alongside the academy players, and the situation will not change unless the player backs down and apologises to his manager.

Ten Hag is believed to want both a public and a private apology from the former Manchester City youngster, who has not started a match for the Red Devils this season.

Sancho was in strong form during pre-season, and there had been suggestions that he could be used as a false nine in the early stages of the new campaign.

However, the attacker was only a substitute against Wolverhampton Wanderers, Tottenham Hotspur and Nottingham Forest before being left out altogether against Arsenal.

Sancho has found it difficult to make his mark for Man United since arriving from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2021, managing just 12 goals and six assists in 82 appearances in all competitions.

The forward has another three years left to run on his contract at Old Trafford, with the option of an additional 12 months, placing the club in a strong position when it comes to any potential negotiations with interested clubs.

Show more

Top News

3 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Newcastle United have been credited with an interest in securing Harvey Elliott's signature, with the Liverpool attacker having struggled for playing time. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk The Kingdom Arena is set to host a six-pointer in the battle for the AFC Champions League Elite spots on Friday, when Al-Hilal welcome Al-Nassr in the Saudi Pro League. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Liverpool and Arsenal have both been credited with an interest in Wolfsburg striker Mohamed El Amine Amoura, with both keen to strengthen in attack. 2 April 2025 talksport.com David Moyes is stunned that Liverpool's winner against Everton was allowed to stand, insisting it should have been ruled out for offside. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Manchester United are reportedly braced for competition from Crystal Palace and a number of other sides for Eintracht Frankfurt striker Hugo Ekitike. 2 April 2025 talksport.com James Tarkowski appeared to say sorry to Alexis Mac Allister for his shocking tackle on the Liverpool star. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Bayern Munich have the chance to move within 13 points of being crowned Bundesliga champions should they beat hosts Augsburg at WWK Arena on Friday. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Barcelona have set up a mouthwatering Copa del Rey final against bitter rivals Real Madrid courtesy of a 1-0 victory over Atletico Madrid in the second leg of their semi-final on Wednesday night. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Liverpool won 1-0 against Everton on Wednesday night at Anfield in the Premier League, winning for the 100th time in the Merseyside Derby. 2 April 2025 talksport.com James Tarkowski somehow avoided a red card over his tackle on Alexis Mac Allister - despite the Premier League acknowledging it as 'reckless'. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Southampton's 1-1 draw with Crystal Palace at St Mary's on Wednesday evening means they could still end the season with the lowest points tally in Premier League history. 2 April 2025 talksport.com Alexander Isak has become the first Newcastle player in 23 years to score at least ten Premier League goals both home and away. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Alexander Isak became the first player in Newcastle United's history to score 20+ goals in back-to-back Premier League seasons when he registered in his team's 2-1 success over Brentford at St James' Park on Wednesday night. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Jack Grealish ended a 16-month goalscoring drought in the Premier League as Manchester City eased past Leicester City with a 2-0 victory at the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday night. 2 April 2025 talksport.com Jose Mourinho grabbed his rival manager's nose in bizarre scenes as an Istanbul derby descended into chaos on Wednesday night. 2 April 2025 talksport.com Aston Villa could and perhaps should have had a chance to score from the spot. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Chelsea lock horns with London rivals Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League on Thursday night. 2 April 2025 talksport.com Leicester have broken the Premier League record for conceding the first goal on 25 occasions out of their opening 30 matches. 2 April 2025 talksport.com Trent Alexander-Arnold might want to fire up Duolingo sooner rather than later. 2 April 2025 talksport.com Liverpool and Everton will be out for more than just bragging rights in the second Merseyside derby of the season tonight. 2 April 2025 talksport.com The Premier League is back after a mini break, and talkSPORT is here to keep you right across all of the latest news. 2 April 2025 talksport.com The Premier League is back after a mini break, and talkSPORT is here to keep you right across all of the latest news. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Pep Guardiola has made a total of six changes to his Manchester City starting lineup for tonight's Premier League clash with Leicester City at the Etihad Stadium. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Brighton & Hove Albion and Aston Villa have announced their first XIs for Wednesday's Premier League game at the Amex Stadium. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Kayserispor will aim to strengthen their Turkish Super Lig survival hopes when they face bottom side Adana Demirspor on Friday. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Everton and West Ham United are reportedly both interested in signing Victor Lindelof on a free transfer this summer. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing Real Sociedad attacker Takefusa Kubo during this summer's transfer window. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Chelsea are reportedly interested in signing striker Emanuel Emegha from sister club Strasbourg. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Arsenal's new sporting director Andrea Berta has reportedly held talks with Nico Williams' agent, as the Gunners look to secure a deal for the Athletic Bilbao attacker during this summer's transfer window. 2 April 2025 sportsmole.co.uk Brighton & Hove Albion have reportedly placed £100m price tags on both Joao Pedro and Carlos Baleba amid interest from Liverpool and Chelsea.